Fluid is searching for a full-time Interactive Art Director lead with the passion, talent and experience to create truly innovative digital experiences, mainly for web, mobile and tablet. We are looking for a concept-driven visual problem solver with expert design chops and a desire to define the next generation of consumer shopping experiences for digital retail. This pivotal role is responsible for designing “best-practice” shopping experiences that are elegant, intuitive, achieve marketing goals and are brand-appropriate.
At Fluid you will be responsible for creating interactive experiences for global consumer brands such as The North Face, Levis, Oakley, Benefit Cosmetics, Reebok, Jansport.
As Interactive Art Director, you will take a lead design role on select accounts from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and high-level, creating key design work as well as directing your team of designers and production artists. You will work closely with your Creative Director and clients throughout a project, including determining creative requirements, presenting design deliverables and iterating to perfection. The proven ability to balance multiple projects successfully and collaborate across disciplines is critical in our cross-functional environment.
* Hands-on experience creating exceptional digital brand experiences
* 4+ years experience in an interactive agency or working directly for a nationally recognized consumer brand. Ideally with at least 1 year experience as an art director within an interactive or integrated agency.
* Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision & direction, and presenting & selling creative concepts
* Direct experience creating pure brand interactive, social and viral
* Degree in interactive, communication design (graphic design) or animation (highly desired but not required).
* Create multiple design concepts from creative brief
* Interpret and translate wireframes into tangible and compelling experiences
* Follow creative direction and client brand guidelines, establish design patterns and extensions
* Work collaboratively with UX, copywriters, project management, other designers and production team
* Prepare files for HTML, Flash Production and Style Guides
* Ensure flawless execution, delivered to specification…on time
* Mentors, trains, and develops junior members of team
* Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality
* Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, online shopping, technology, social media and digital trends
* Passion for innovation and design!
* Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
* Expertise in visual design, interaction design and motion design (Flash AS & AfterEffects). Motion skills are highly desired but not required.
* Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CS suite
* Exceptional client presentation skills and the ability to articulate design process and justification
* Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others
* Rigorous attention to detail and personal organization
* Professional and graceful under pressure and tight
* Live a digital lifestyle! You should be an active participant in social media (Facebook, Twitter…)
* Respectful and clear communicator
* A reasonably good sense of humor
Our on-demand visual merchandising suite and award-winning digital agency services incite consumer action. Our work for world-class retailers like The North Face, Clorox, Reebok, Sears and Brooks Brothers brings their brands to life, making the digital shopping experience fun, vivid, intuitive and social. Brands and retailers tap our combination of strategic consulting, custom design and development services, and our visual merchandising suite to engage, convert and retain consumers with unique digital experiences.
Fluid is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Chicago. For more information, visit www.fluid.com (agency services) orwww.fluidretail.com (on-demand visual merchandising suite) and follow us on Twitter @Fluid or Facebook/FluidInc.
Fluid does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or persons other than the applicant via Fluid.com. Fluid therefore does not recognize any claim for recruiting, referral or any other fees arising out of applicants engaged or hired by Fluid with respect to resumes received via Fluid.com. By submitting a resume to Fluid via Fluid.com, you acknowledge that you are aware of Fluid’s policy and unconditionally waive any and all recruiting, referral or any other fees based on such submission.
Keywords: Creative Director, Associate Creative Director, Art Director, Visual Designer, Senior Designer, Web Designer, Visual Design, Interactive Design, eCommerce, e-commerce, Digital Retail, Flash Animator, Flash Developer, Flash Designer